English and me...

I am not very good in English!...i still remembered when i was at primary school(standard 3)..we had kind of oral English test...it was just between u and ur teacher.Before the oral test,u were required to read a text(short story).Then there were following questions to answer.To learn English u should had ur vocabulary and many words that u knew the meaning...but the trick to answer the question ( as my teacher taught me)..find the word at the sentences which was similar words from the question...so i did follow the trick..but the problem is I'm not quite sure whether i did answer it correctly or not,since i did not even care about the meaning of the sentences it self and so many places that i might found the similar words...hmm...i'm sure i did not go through that test...hihihik...

BUt when i was in secondary school,i thought i had improved a bit...and the environment at school it self had influenced me to improved my English...but it was not long enough to polished my communication skill..since i had to move (suddenly) to my Kampung after my father passed away.There( the 2nd language)is Malay...1st will be Brunei...English would be the third for sure...with surrounded by my kampung people not that easier to expressed ur self and improved my English by communicate...and i am super lazy to improve it by myself until we need to had tuition with my Biology teacher at school who was graduated from the UK.
Luckily i was not failed my English subject during SPM ,but not excellent either.Just enough to increase my aggregate point...hehhe....

When i was first registered into a MEdical School,in Kelantan..first thought came into my mind was..."Will i survive here with my poor English skills...and there was 5 years to go..."...but since i was already selected to be here..i should forced myself to improved my English in anyway possible....

Alhamdulillah...i went through my medical world and get used with all the medical jargon!!!...yet i still need more time to improve my communication skills in English!!...i am still not satisfied with myself...one easiest way now by reading my English-based favorite blog !!!

Comments

Fiona said…
Jann aku rasa dulu waktu Form 5 kan yg paling terer English ialah si June .. Nah sekarang pun sudah jadi English teacher .. haha
izanazuani said…
ko tau jann, sama la kita. aku ada nasib baik sikit pasal sekolah rendah aku di st. francis convent. masa di maktab sabah dulu aku nda berapa praktik english pasal di kelas malar ckp melayu. masuk U barulah tau pentingnya english. ngam lagi aku ambil course HRM yg memerlukan aku buat english presentation dan byk berckp, no choice. lagipun aku ada lecturer yg nda pandai ckp melayu, terpaksalah. budak2 dr KL lagi pintar2 speaking, aku apa juga... time keja yg paling penting sbb aku keja sebagai frontliner & sales. hari2 berkulut2 lidah aku ni speaking.
mamafateenz said…
jan to fiona-iya betul tu..ko tau apa rahsianya..dia cakap dia suka baca oxford punya kamus(yg tebal tuh)..hehe kalau aku bercintalah mau baca kamus...hehe

jan to izan-itulah kan...benda ni mempengaruhi kita punya career juga..lagi bagus kita in English,actually the more confident we are..kan...
Anonymous said…
Jan, aku ada idea. why not ko buka satu slot di blog mu ni, soal jawab pasal kesihatan. iya la kalau ko nda tau jawapannya ko tanya la senior2 mu secara nda langsung ko pun tau di samping menjawab soalan2 orang tu.

Popular Posts