On the 3rd day of Ramadhan, i was shocked by one call from diabetic midwife from PAH...last result from my OGTT test came back Positive for diabetes in pregnancy.Yesterday i had an appointment with her,looking forward for a few appointment with the dietitian and obstetrician next week.Even tough the result just borderline and not that high ..but still they continue the management as gestational diabetic...

Am i worry? a little bit,,yeah..but really disappointed cause initially i've planned to try so many recipes this ramadhan as break-fasting menu...but never expect this is gonna be happened!!

btw....what was really disturbing me was that 'healthy diet" thing...makes me over-concious about what i should or should not take and it really make me sick...and i am not i am ...
BUt for my baby boy sake and healthy...i have to really discipline myself..to comply with all these healthy diet rules!!...and to be more active everyday(hmm since these 2 days..it's rainy and windy day here!!...so difficult to start my aim)..at least 30 minutes /day..

Today abang asked me to go to stoneham(mosque) for break-fast there ( as today having Malaysian menu)..but sad to say that i can't join them...afraid that i will break the rules..i keep convinced my self..i just to be patient at least after i see my obstetrician next week...they promise to discharge me when my self glucose-monitoring result is convincing enough...

Talk about self-glucose monitoring..i was reaaly impressed and blessed to be diagnosed here in UK..since they provided the monitoring machine including the strip and the equipment for FREE...hehe...(if in Malaysia the machine itself cost aproximately rm 200+ and not provided to the patient),,hehe lucky me...

p/s...since abang is going to break-fast at stoneham...initially not to cook instead of eat weetabix only..but knowing me...kitchen and me like can't easily be separated at this "early" moment...so i try to make Laksam today..hhehe..don't blame me much..i did cut "santan" into half of how much it should be..and no sugar
added..hehe..hopefully my sugar reading will not disappointing me again..hehe

Comments

Fiona said…
Jan, wat is laksam?
mamafateenz said…
fion,laksam ni nama lainnya laksa kelantan.mee nya kena buat sendiri mcm kueh teow but a bit thicker.kuahnya ikan yang blended+santan+bawang.pastu mkn ngan sambal belacan sikit(lada)...lemak2 gtu...u shud try once..di sabah rasanya teda tu,tia tau kalau ada di kem lokawi tu..hehe

Popular Posts